Monday 2 May 2016

May has arrived

 

May has arrived. April was full of surprises as the weather had us all perplexed, one day sunshine and warm and then the next hailstones and endless rain and the grand finale was snow. I thought I would share some of the moments of April. The moon was amazing, A big moon brings big tides.

I always feel the pull to go and wander and see what the tide brought to our shore. I wandered down onto a wet soggy and slippery place but it didn't matter. I felt excited and the air was fresh and the drizzle made my cheeks glow. I found my way to the place I know so well. I had it all to myself.

It is such a special place, so quiet and peaceful. All alone with my thoughts.

 

I collected some objects to draw, loved the crab but he stayed there. I did bring the leaf which appears on my page and a whole bag full of finds but only so many are going to fit on my page!

 

I noticed the changes, the bank collapsing more and more, but then it is life, everything changes.

The beginning of a new page sketched out.

I have had several walks along the shore, it might look grey and dull but it never feels like that to me, I feel excited and alive as I search and find treasures. I love this environment, it is real and honest. It was so wet as the sloppy and slippery mud seemed to get everywhere, so if mud on your clothes is measured in contentment I scored pretty high.

There has been beautiful bright days and I have given my time to recording the fritillary. One day I sat on my step and used sepia ink to record details of a flower. I thought they would surely be over with some of the bad stormy days and so I wanted to draw as many as I could to catch them before they were gone.

 

Each day I wandered into the garden just to admire them. They have surprised me with how resilient they are, they look so fragile and delicate to withstand hail and frost, but they somehow did.

 

So elegant and beautiful and I love it when the sun lights them up .

 

I liked playing with shadows. And I like capturing them with pen and ink. I have to work so slowly so it all takes time but time well spent looking and seeing these wonderfully patterned flowers.

 

Red ink and red stained fingers. Which didn't wash off for days.

 

And one for my square book.

 

I have seen many colours during April. I saw my first and only ladybird, she crawled up and down my middle and ring fingers. I rested her on the leaf near to where I found her.

 

 

Beautiful coloured evening skies.

 

Stormy days with big grey clouds but then the sun shines through.

 

 

A little snow on the top of Blackcombe, but white mountains in the distance, just a few days ago.

And blue bright warm days to warm your soul.
And a two headed flower. They give me so much pleasure.

I planted them all, each one with my own hands. They have self seeded and grown in numbers over the years.

I could tell you about the day I rescued a toad but that's a whole different story for another day. I will leave you with the majestic steam train as it whistled through the village railway station on Friday.

I believe that's what you have to capture in life, the moments, just like the train they gone in a flash of smoke!

 

 

I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my April moments. Thank you so much for the lovely comments, I always appreciate each one and enjoy reading them. I hope you are all well and would love to hear what you are up to. Sending you all my Best wishes...... Millyx

 

 

No comments: