Saturday 24 January 2009

Clementine.


I have just completed this drawing for the challenge to draw a clementine.
It is the first time that I have ever drawn from a photograph on my computer screen, so I did find it challenging. I worked from the large image as I am a detail person. It was really interesting to do and I did enjoy the experience. I only started it Friday night and it needs to be posted today, so I would probably have liked to spent a bit longer on it, but time is running out.
It is my first time take taking part in Virtual Sketch Date, so looking forward to seeing everyone elses work, all with the same picture only each doing it their way.
It is drawn using a 0.5mm Pentel mechanical pencil, on white watercolour paper. It is about five hours of drawing. I am happy with the outcome and it made me draw something new.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! If I had drawn this, I would be more than 'happy' with it!

Ann said...

Wow. All that detail creating those interesting series of patterned texture. Wow.

Mary Timme said...

I think it is great! Wow, you guys are soooooooo talented.

Jeanette Jobson said...

Fabulous texture in this. Its almost like threads. Lovely work and thank you for joining in this month.

Eliane Zimmermann said...

Hi Milly, I love your blog and of course your wonderful detailed drawings! I would love to recommend you and your work in my German-English blog about creativity (I am graphic-designer and aromatherapist), so I would ask for your permission to add a picture to the link (I fell in love with the dragonfly from 2007 as we have many of them in our pond 5 yards from our house). Kind regards from very rainy Southwest-Ireland. Eliane

Anita said...

I like this very much!

Eliane Zimmermann said...

Hello Milly, thank you so much for your almost instant reply! Your lovely dragonfly now inspires me and my readers at http://scents-and-senses.blogspot.com/2009/01/meditativ-schlicht-und-umso.html Hopefully I can help to build up a German fan-community for you!!!!

Nothing to See said...

What an interesting interpretation! The lines, movement, and flow of this piece really speak to you. Well done!

Gail Bartel said...

Hey Milly,
Love the incredible detail of the peel, Beautiful work..is it graphite or is there some ink in there as well?
Stunning!

Nancy Eaton said...

Wow! Such a detailed drawing -- such talent! BTW - I love your quilts, also! I used to own a Quilt Shop, so I love looking at quilts!

Rose Welty said...

Great interpretation...I just love how different everyone sees the same photo...

Debbie Later said...

Very nice. It seems alive!

"JeanneG" said...

Detail is an understatement. You are good. Reminds me of wire work.

M J Muir said...

Absolutely lovely.
I like the detail. This was a chalenging subject but you took it to another level of complication.
Well done!

Sherry Pierce Thurner said...

I am just amazed. Speechless.